Each year on September 21, 2019 the world observes “International Day of Peace”. It observed with the sole intention of spreading and strengthening the ideals and ideas of peace. Peace is not just single country’s wishful thinking, it is a global need. This day is dedicated to increase empathy, respect, cohesion and inclusion among the people of the world.
To honor and recognize the efforts of the people who worked sincerely to end conflict and violence and as well as to reduce and eventually decline any sort of personal or political violence, this day is commemorated. The absence of any sort of war and violence is the key goal behind this day’s celebration.
We all can come together to participate on this day by taking a solemn vow to be responsible for our own thoughts, feelings and actions. If we collectively can be compassionate towards each other by keeping ourselves in check, then our self-generated peace will spread around the world like ripple-effects.
History of International Peace Day
The first celebration of international peace days happened in 1982.The United Nations General Assembly declared in 1981 to set a date to celebrate peace. The United Kingdom and Costa Rica –co-sponsored a UN resolution to set the 3rd Tuesday of September of every year, as the International Day of Peace in 1981. The date of celebration was changed in September 21 from 2001. The theme for the first International Day of Peace was “the right to peace of people’.
The then Secretary General of UN Kofi Annan released a statement during 2001, which declared September 21 to be “a day of global ceasefire and non-violence” and also be recognized as “The International Day of Peace”
During 2015, the member states of UN dawned upon the realization of ensuring rights of people everywhere for building a truly peaceful world. Thus, the 17 SDG’s which ranges from issues of health, education, hunger, poverty, climate change, gender equality, water, sanitation, energy, social justice and environmental issues etc. came into ideation and also resulting in fruition.
Present Scenario and Celebration Theme
Global peace has still not been achieved due to the dualistic nature of our species! However many people worldwide are becoming aware of the need for global peace. United Nations along with many other organization will celebrate this year’s peace day as well and the theme is “Climate Action for Peace” which puts attention to the importance of combatting climate change as a way to protect and promote peace throughout the world. On 23 September, the United Nations is convening a Climate Action Summit with concrete and realistic plans to accelerate action to implement the Paris Agreement.
How to Celebrate International Day of Peace 2019?
We all can choose to celebrate this day to raise collective awareness and bring attention to this year’s theme. Some of the ways like sharing messages and participating in actions. We can celebrate this day is given below-
- Arrange football matches in the spirit of peace.
- Organization peace education events in local communities
- Engaging youth in peace building activities
- Arranging intercultural and interfaith dialogues
- Workshops on UN peace day themes
- Arranging competition and rewarding poetry, game, stories and activities which revolve around peace in local communities.
- Minute of Silence at 12:00 Noon in each time zone.
- Spread peaceful wish messages to friends, family, social media platforms.
Best Slogans on World Peace Day 2019:
- Peace is what every heart desires for.
- Whatever violence can do, peace has the potential to do it better.
- To bring peace in the world, bring some peace in your mind.
- It is time to end the violence and establish peace.
- Bullets can never promise peace.
- Conversation is the best way to bring peace.
- War is not the way to go forward, peace is.
- Never hate, let’s appreciate.
Let us all come together and do within our individual capacity to bring awareness and focus on peace. The world shall find peace when we will become collectively aware and bring genuine action.
Hi! wishesquotesmsg.com isn’t a Person. It’s a team. We always collect best Quotes, Greetings Card and try to write History of Celebration Day & also provide Best Wishes, Images, Messages for Celebration.